Fingerspelled Word Recognition through Rapid Serial Visual Presentation (RSVP)
Carol J. Patrie and Robert E. Johnson spent over 20 years researching and developing this one-of-a-kind program. RSVP leads you through the theory behind fingerspelling, provides you with abundant practice, and rewards you with improved recognition of fingerspelled words.
The three-part RSVP package can be used in the classroom or for self-study.
- The textbook explains the history, research, and linguistic foundations of fingerspelling
- The CD ROM provides a tested approach to "train your brain" to rapidly process serial information.
- The DVD contains:
- Lists of fingerspelled words to study
- ASL monologues so you can practice recognizing fingerspelled words in context.
Fingerspelled Names & Introductions: A Template Building Approach
- A powerful learning tool to improve recognition of fingerspelled words. Fingerspelled words are presented in a four-step template building process:
- Regular Speed - Deaf persons introduce themselves through signs and fingerspelling
- Slow Motion - Fingerspelled word is shown in slow motion
- English Translation - Fingerspelled word is presented in printed English
- Regular Speed - Entire introduction, including the fingerspelled words, is presented at regular speed again.
- Can be self-paced or assigned as part of a course in ASL or sign language interpreting.